Code of conduct
The following Code of Conduct applies to all interactions and situations in our daily office life as well as to our events and workshops. We expect each member of our team and each event participant to be familiar with the contents and to behave accordingly:
We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all people, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack of religion). Our goal is to make everyone feel safe and supported.
We invite all team members to help us create safe and positive experiences for all.
2. Appropriate behavior
The following behaviors are expected and required of all our team members and event participants:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. We appreciate your contributions, feedback and criticism.
- Practice consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Try cooperation before the conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and those around you. Inform your team members or managers if you notice a dangerous situation, a person in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem insignificant.
- Remember that our events can be shared with others. If you see someone who is alone, lost, or needs help: Don’t hesitate to reach out and offer your support. Be proactive and offer your help.
3. Inappropriate behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable in our office and at events:
- Violence, threat of violence, or violent language against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, derogatory, ageist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Publishing or threatening to publish the personal information of others (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, especially those related to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or disability.
- Inappropriate photographing or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should always obtain a person’s consent before touching them.
- Unwanted sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwanted sexual advances.
- Intentional intimidation, stalking or persecution (online or in person).
- Advocating or encouraging any of the above behaviors.
4. Consequences for unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior by members of our team, customers and event participants, including those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Any person asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If someone engages in unacceptable behavior, we may take any action we deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent exclusion from our office and events without warning.
5. Address grievances
If you witness unacceptable behavior or have other concerns, please notify one of our team leaders as soon as possible. Your message will be treated respectfully and your privacy will be protected. In the unlikely event that our team leaders are involved in the incident, please find another trusted person to speak with.
6. Accidental accusations
If you believe that you have been falsely or wrongfully accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify one of our team leaders and briefly describe your allegation. In the unlikely event that our team leaders are involved in the incident, please find another trusted person to speak with.